- Single rooms in Owen Hall, the graduate residence center, rent for about $3750 per semester and double rooms for $3212 per student per semester. This cost includes $300 credit towards food from the Owen Cafeteria and weekly housekeeping.
- The university owns and operates more than 1000 one- and two-bedroom apartments to help meet the needs of single and married students. These rent for $650 to $856 per month, and include utilities, essential furniture, and a private telephone.
- For further details on costs and benefits for on-campus housing, see MSU's Residence Education & Housing Services Rates page.
- Privately-owned off-campus rooms and apartments are also available.
- Links to local papers with event listings and classifieds
- Public transportation is provided by the CATA Bus System which has routes linking Lansing, East Lansing, MSU, and Okemos. Most major apartment complexes are on a bus route. The main CATA terminal on MSU campus is conveniently located a block away from the BPS building.