Undergraduate Learning Assistant Application
The Department of Physics and Astronomy will appoint some Undergraduate students to work as Learning Assistants (ULA) in Physics and Astronomy courses for Summer 2019, Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. If you are applying for Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 please make sure you check your email over the summer. If we do not hear from you, you may miss out on a position. If you are interested in getting one of these positions, and meet all of the qualifications (see below), then complete the application below. Applications are due by April 12, 2019. We will not be able to hire every student who applies, but if you are interested, please apply!
- You must be available the week before the semester starts to meet with the instructor of the course you have been chosen for.
- Preference will be given to students who can work Fall and Spring Semesters.
- You must have completed and passed some physics courses.
- Your overall GPA must be above a 3.2. Preference will be given to students with higher GPA’s than the minimum requirement.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS & NOTES
- Assistant in lecture courses: Meet students for 10 hours/week in the Strosacker Learning Center, helping them to do homework problems. You will only be assigned to ULA in 1 course (PHY 183, PHY 184, PHY 231, PHY 232) Your scheduled times would be arranged with the course instructor based on your course load.
- Assistant in a lab course – PHY 251, PHY 252 or PHY 191 and PHY 192. These are teaching an actual lab section
- There is a great possibility that evening hours will be required based on when homework is due and exam times.
- You will also be needed to proctor one of the exams and the final exam
- You will be paid $248.00 Bi-weekly
- This is a great way to build up your resume if you are planning to go to graduate school
To Apply, Please Follow Link Below