The P-A IT team assists with any and all IT equipment and software in the MSU Department of Physics and Astronomy. This includes computers, printers, network devices, software installs and software behavior.
How Do I Ask for Help or Report an IT Problem to P-A IT?
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Submit a ticket using the P-A Helpdesk ticket system
- Call (517) 884-5460; if calling from on-campus, the number is 4-5460
- For emergencies requiring immediate assistance, please visit room 1209 BPS
How to Create an Account on the P-A Helpdesk Ticket System
- In your web browser, go to https://helpdesk.pa.msu.edu
- Click "register"
- Enter your name and email address, then click "request account".
- You should receive an email with a link for activating your account. The link will take you to a page for setting your password. Please use a unique password. DO NOT use the same password you use for EBS, banking, etc.
- You should now be able to log in. From here you can submit new tickets or review old ones.
What Information Should I Provide in my Helpdesk Requests?
- Your office room number or the room number where the problem is happening
- A contact phone number
- A description of the problem with as much detail as possible, including courses that are impacted
- If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, please include their name and contact information
- BPS Network Issues: MSU IT Services maintains the BPS building wired and wireless networks, but P-A IT is responsible for determining where a network problem is occurring and then reporting it to ITS. If you wish to report an after-hours network problem to ITS yourself, you may call 2-6200 but please notify P-A IT as well
- P-A IT Support Website: Our support website has many "How To" articles on common computer tasks and problems. The site is located here: https://support.pa.msu.edu. Please note: this site is currently accessible only from on-campus network addresses. If you are off-campus, you will need to connect to the VPN to see it.
P-A Computing Services
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
Michigan State University
Biomedical Physical Sciences Bldg.
567 Wilson Road, Room 1209
East Lansing, MI 48824