Undergraduate Learning Assistant Application
The Department of Physics and Astronomy will appoint some Undergraduate students to work as Learning Assistants (ULA) in Physics and Astronomy courses for Summer 2024, Fall 2024 and Spring 2025. If you are applying for Fall 2024 or Spring 2025 please make sure you check your email over the summer. If we do not hear from you, you may miss out on a position. If you are interested in getting one of these positions, and meet all of the qualifications (see below), then complete the application below. Applications are due by US24 - 5/1/24, FS24 - 8/1/24, SS25 - 12/1/24. We will not be able to hire every student who applies, but if you are interested, please apply!
- You must be available the week before the semester starts to meet with the instructor of the course you have been chosen for.
- Preference will be given to students who can work Fall and Spring Semesters.
- You must have completed and passed some physics courses.
- Your overall GPA must be above a 3.2. Preference will be given to students with higher GPA’s than the minimum requirement.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS & NOTES
- Assistant in lecture courses: Meet students for 10 hours/week in the Strosacker Learning Center or online helping them to do homework problems. You will only be assigned to ULA in 1 course (PHY183/184, PHY231/232, PHY221/222) Your scheduled times would be arranged with the course instructor based on your course load.
- You will also be needed to proctor one of the exams and the final exam
- Assistant in a lab course – (PHY251/252 or PHY191/192). These are teaching an actual lab section
- There is a great possibility that evening hours will be required based on when homework is due and exam times.
- You will be paid $300.00 Bi-weekly
- This is a great way to build up your resume if you are planning to go to graduate school
To Apply, Please Follow Link Below