Members of the High-Energy Theory group at MSU engage in a variety of engagement and public outreach activities throughout the year in the East Lansing area. We are also involved with events coordinated by national laboratories and professional organizations or held in conjunction with physics conferences worldwide.
Faculty working with Undergraduates
HET faculty members collaborate with undergraduate students each year to create educational materials, test them at outreach events in the East Lansing area, and revise them based on experience. The materials presented on the QUEST website have resulted from these collaborations.
Local Outreach Activities in which HET group members regularly participate
- East Lansing Girls' Math Science Conference
- MSU Grandparents University
- MSU Lyman Briggs College's Spartan Science Day, as described in this talk
- MSU Physics and Astronomy Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- MSU Physics and Astronomy Society of Physics Students
- MSU Visiting International Professionals Program
- MSU SpartanScienceDay
National Organizations Sponsoring Outreach Activities in which HET group members are active